Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wasteful Beginnings

We all start somewhere. Unfortunately, where I start is a place of great waste. I'm one of 'those people' who makes room in the fridge on grocery day by tossing bowls and drawers of food. I'm not proud of this. I'm weighed down with guilt each time I do it, but it continues. Foil wrap, cardboard boxes, leftover food, plastic bags - I throw away so much. And overspending? Oh yes! I can nickle-and-dime myself into a hole in a matter of days.


Enter 'Frugal Steward 101'. I can do better, I just need to find out how.

We've lived on half the income we have now, yet we still have no more money than we did before. Not uncommon, not the first person to experience this. I just can't stand beneath the guilt anymore. I must now make a choice - either stop caring about my wasteful habits and 'get used to it', or do something different.

So here we go. I'm going to do something different. I'm going to learn how to do this better. My hope is that our whole family learns self discipline, respect, the value of a dollar. I also hope that we can eventually acheive a debt-free existance that allows us financial freedom to do with these finances as God would have us do. Maybe that means we can travel and do mission work full time. Maybe it means we buy houses and give them away. I don't know. Whatever it is, it'll be great!

This is my wasteful beginning. I can hardly wait to look back in a year and see the fruit of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!