Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cheesy Apple Bacon Muffins


They're really more of a biscuit than a muffin ... but we like them. I think next time I'll add a bit more butter and a sugar ...

Here's the original recipe I was given:

2 cups          flour 
1/4 cup        sugar (I'd use 1/2 cup next time)
4 tsp            baking powder
3/4 tsp         salt
1 cup           milk
1/3 cup        butter, melted
1 egg            slightly beaten
1/2 cup        finely chopped, unpeeled apple
3/4 cup        grated cheddar cheese
2/3 cup        crumbled, crisp bacon (or 'real bacon bits', ham ...)

In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend well. In another bowl combine milk, butter and egg. Mix well. Add to flour mixture, stir until just blended. Fold in apples, cheese and bacon. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. (I think I might try dropping onto a cookie sheet next time) Bake in 400F oven for 15-20 minutes or until browned. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!