Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pantry Fears ...

New to 'eating from my pantry' and cutting back my grocery budget, I can't help but think ... what do all of these pantry-pros do? What does their pantry look like? Their freezer? Is mine too full? To empty? Should I stock up or stock down?

Amidst these subconcious worries, I found that I'm not alone. My fellow bloggers have the same fears but offer encouragement. To briefly sum up some of Life As Mom's encouraging points,

  • We're not the same
  • You get to choose
    • you decide on your own budget, shopping schedule, meal plan, pantry appearance and style - full or empty
I was encouraged to hear that. Thanks, Life As Mom. Now I can move forward confident that I'm shaping this plan to my family, my budget, and my taste.

BTW - to those of my friends who made fun of me for suggesting 'soup files' (freezing soup in ziploc bags - flat - and then storing them like a file) ... well ... there are others (teehee) I love, love, love the picture of this woman's freezer. I see she has soup files. Yes! I want my freezer to look like that.

Aaaah. Order.  "Caint hardly wait" :)

1 comment:

  1. I think your soup files are great and your friends wouldn't laugh if they had a soup craving

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!