Thursday, January 14, 2010

Full Price Fumble

Today's grocery trip was a bit of a fumble. This ...


and this ...


...together cost me $52.19. Everything here was full bore retail except for the Energizer batteries which happened to be $3 per package. (no thanks to any planning on my part)

I'm surprised at how disappointed I am that I paid full price for everything. I hope that's a good sign!

Of course, my forgetfulness didn't help today... I forgot to bring my coupons (found them too late at the check out), and I forgot to check the mail for grocery flyers before we shopped.  I also forgot to bring my grocery money! I ended up using the bank card instead. (oops)

(also, after I organized my messy disgrace of a pantry, I discovered I did have potatoes in there afterall! Grr. )

BUT ... tomorrow I hope to stock up on some nice sale items that we'll eventually need. (and by eventually, I mean in a week or two - I'm just starting stocking up, after all!)

Superstore has these items on sale - tomorrow's the last day.

NN Tomato Soup - case of 12       $4.98 limit 1(reg. $7.88)
Ziggy's Ham  (luncheon meat)       $0.89/100g (reg. $0.99-1.20)
NN Facial Tissue                            $0.68 ea, limit 4 (reg $0.78)
NN Macaroni + Cheese                  $0.48 ea, no limit (reg $0.68)
NN Instant noodles (case of 24)    $5.48 ($0.23 per pkg) (reg $0.40ea)
Photo Prints 4x6s                           $0.10 ea, min order 100 prints (reg $0.29)
Naval Oranges                                 $2.48/bag

Sounds good to me! Much better ;) ... just hope I remember to bring the grocery money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!