Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Financial Goals Update - It's Working!!!

Been awhile - sorry. I'm not ignoring you, just having some technical difficulties.

So, since I can't upload any pictures right now, I'll go ahead without them. If you can survive without pictures for a bit, so can I ...

You read about our new financial goals here - we aimed to reduce spending by $500 monthly (300 of that is grocery reduction). The purpose was to save up for bigger items (bed, computer, roofing, etc), and then increase giving.

It's been about 6 weeks on this new plan and it's working!! We're spending less, saving more, and on our way to a new computer ($600) and bed ($1000). Should be able to have both by Mid March. So excited for that.

I'm dangerous with cash though, so I ended up adding a few non-budgeted items to the list, to the tune of about $600. Oh well. We're still reaching our goals, and that's the important part, right?

Anyway, that's it for now. Just wanted to let you know I'm still alive and blogging ... just working out some technical bugs. But when they're worked out ... expect alot of posts and pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!