Monday, March 29, 2010

The $90 Question

Constantly searching for financial corners to cut (while maintaining our same quality of life), I began looking for ways to reduce my phone and internet bill. What I found required no switching of internet providers. It required only that I know what to ask!

I looked online for the 'cheapest' internet providers and various deals, read reviews and got pretty much nowhere. Then I found MTS (my current provider) running a promotion.

I informed them that I was seeking a cheaper rate with their competitors, but would much rather stay with them. After all, I have received excellent service and experienced minimal down time. I requested the promotion, and they said yes. Yay!

My previous internet bill                $49.95
Promo (runs for 3 months)            $20.00
SAVINGS = 29.95 x 3 months = $89.85!
Plus ...
As she looked over my account, she realized I was being overbilled. My regular monthly bill should have been $39.95. (no, I didn't ask for a rebate - they're already being generous) So after the 3 month special, my regular bill will be $10 less every month.
Savings = $120 annually!

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of saving more than $200 on my internet bill this year. And all I had to do was a bit of research, and ask some questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!