This week the sales began where my budget ends… or so it seemed.
This week’s grocery budget of $150 soared to $250. The good news is that I stocked up on some good deals. Pink 25% - 50% OFF stickers littered the aisles today. It was great! (I could go back and stock up on more, but … eeek. I’m so over budget right now!)
- Hubby’s deodorant - HALF PRICE! Happened upon a fluke discontinued-sale price of $1.14 each - I bought the last 2 on the shelf
- Mac & Cheese -$0.47 each (reg $0.68)
- Tomato Soup - $0.33 each
- Broccoli -$1.00 / bunch
- Kleenex -$0.68 each (reg $0.78)
- Instant Noodles - Case of 24 for 5.68 (~ 0.23 each)
- Oasis Zoo Juice - FREE (coupon) (reg $1.47)
- Cauliflower - 50% OFF
- Bag Organic Apples - 50% OFF
- Tea Buns (1 dz) - 50% OFF
- Kids Toothpaste - $0.98 – (reg price about $2 – $2.50)
- Box Kleenex - FREE (checked my receipt, saw they over charged me, and got it free)
- Weiners - $1.00/dz … I’m not usually a fan of NoName wieners, (okay, I'm usually grossed out by the idea of them.) but for that price I’ll try them again. (They were pretty good!)
- $25 Gift Card FREE - Though way over budget, I did get a free $25 gift card. So … that makes me feel a bit better about it.
- Missed out on $1.00 Secret deodorant
- Last day of the sale ... why I expected there would be any left, I don’t know.
- Bulk Smarties – Overpriced much?! What would fit into 1-2 boxes of smarties costs $2.74! Yikes. I think I’ll look for 4 packs of smarties for $2.50 next time, and get double the smarties for that price…