Monday, March 15, 2010

Don't Toss Your Cookies ... Re-Use Them!

Ever have those last two dried-out cookies in the cookie jar that you end up throwing away? I sure do.

Ever ruin a batch of unbaked cookies and have to toss them?  Stop! Don't toss your cookies just yet ... we can re-use even those!

6 Uses for Cookie Crumbs:
  1. ice cream topping
  2. delicious addition to your trifle
  3. use Unbaked Cookie crumbs as chocolate chips when baking cookies or cakes
  4. birthday cake garnish (dirt on a construction cake, or sprinkle on sides and edges on a grown-up cake, stencil shapes ... )
  5. cupcake topping
  6. pudding / cake parfait - mix it in!
I'd have to experiment, but I think these could work with any number of cookies - ginger snaps, unbaked cookies, chocolate chip, oatmeal, jam cookies, Grandma's Icing cookies ...

I think I'll start a container of cookie crumbs in my freezer. Then I'll always (or more often) have cake garnish and ice cream toppings on hand!

I'd love to hear your ideas!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!