But today I found 10 great ways to put that lint to use (proof - I'm not alone and I'm not insane! Yay!)
- packing material
- spin it like wool, and knit or crochet with it
- nest building - leave chunks of lint in your yard and watch birds compete for their piece of prime nest building material
- being highly flammable, lint is a great fire-starter. Check out how I made them. Keep it in your woodbox as kindling.
- add to your compost pile
- make clay out of it:
- 3 cups (packed) lint
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup flour
- Blend and cook on low heat until thick like meringue. Pour onto wax paper and cool. Clay creations take a few days to dry, then paint away!
- Put lint in blender with shredded paper. Soak with water for 15 min, then blend on med. speed. Pour onto screen and shape paper. Press out excess water. Dry.
So, if you've been secretly collecting lint too, you can breathe easy. You're not alone. It's okay to be frugal .. even with lint. And now you know what to do with your bag-o-lint. :)