Saturday, August 18, 2012

Healthy Granola Bar Recipe

This fabulous recipe from a friend has become a staple in our home.


They're healthy, soft and chewy, and oh so good! 


1/2 cup      brown sugar
1/2 cup      corn syrup or honey

1/2 cup      melted butter 
2 tsp          vanilla
1/2 cup      raisins
2 tbsp        sesame seeds (I omit)
2/3 cup      peanut butter
3 cups       oatmeal
1/2 cup      sunflower seeds
1/3 cup      wheat germ / flax seed
1/3 cup      chocolate chips

2 tbsp        molasses (can use in place of sugar too if desired...)



Blend sugar, syrup, margarine and vanilla. 
Add the rest. Mix well and press into 9x13 pan. 
Bake at 350F for 15 min. 

That's it. 


I play around with ingredients, I omit sugar in place of  molasses...
add crushed peanuts or almonds... skip raisins... I used to make it without molasses, but I find it adds a richness I'd now rather not do without...


Enjoy!




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!