Sunday, January 10, 2010

Re-Use Your Christmas Cards

Time to put away all those Christmas cards ... and I just don't want to throw them all away. I KNOW there's something I can do with them to give them new life, and maybe even make them into a gift.

Here are some ideas I found.

Luminaries

Zakka Life has a great crafting blog with all kinds of great ideas. The Luminary craft is a gooder. I'd like to try that one. Thanks, Zakka Life!

Activity Village has some neat ideas too:
  • Scented Sachets
    • use the whole card or whatever shape you choose to cut from your card. Glue edges (leave room to insert scent!) Fill with potpouri (or put a few drops of scented oil on a cotton ball and use that) Seal. Punch a hole, tie a string, hang and enjoy. Could make a neat gift too.
  • Napkin Rings
    • Why didn't I think of that? ... plus, cloth napkins are more economicaal than paper ones :)
  • Candle Holder
    • Cut strips from your favorite Christmas card, glue to a jar (leave room for the candle to sparkle through) and voila. Could get all fancy and creative with this one, and make another great gift.
  • Christmas Confetti & Shapes
    • shred it, punch it into a million little confetti pieces or stars, flowers etc, and use them for scrapbooking, centerpieces, gift bag filler (the shredded stuff, anyway!) .. not sure exactly what we're supposed to do with confetti ...
  • Paper Nativity
    • If you're lucky enough to have received a card with a nativity scene on it, you could cut them out and use them as an advent scene.
  • Lacing Card
    • Our everyday one has a bee on it. Great craft, great for motor skills. (Just glued paper to cardboard, poked holes and there we go)

These are just some ideas. I'd love to hear more.

I'd especially love to hear how to reuse pictures - photo Christmas cards are great, but then what? Who puts those in an album? I sure don't. I usually toss them. (sorry to those who expect me to keep them forever) I don't want to throw them out, but what can be done with them?? Ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I have a bunch of Christmas cards I just don't want to throw away! These are some great idea!!!

    -Alisa Hope

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!