Friday, May 28, 2010

Christmas Shopping - Cheap & Early!


Christmas shopping already? You bet! At garage sales and thrift stores? Oh yeah!

I do buy some things new - basically my husband and children will receive 'pre-owned' gifts. But new stuff is also available at garage sales for a fraction of retail price!

Here's what I've got so far:
For Hubby:
Books                                                   ~ $1.00
For the Kiddos:
Personalized Disney books, 1 each          FREE
Thomas The Train DVD                            $1.00
Book - "Green Eggs and Ham"                  $0.50

Stocking Stuffers
New Neon Bendy Pens                            $0.25 ea
New Snowman Candy Bags                     $0.25 ea

Miscellaneous Gifts:
Blurt (pre-owned game)                           $5.00
New Spa Basket (lotions, salts, etc)         $1.00


I know, it's a bit risky to post exactly what I plan to give people for Christmas ... but by December who's gonna remember a silly little post from 7 months before?  I figure I'm pretty safe :)

.

1 comment:

  1. I love that! I am looking forward to garage saling this year... if I can (it's hard with two kiddos... I'll be needing to use the sleepy wrap and the stroller at the same time). I love to repurpose things too! If I can refinish something, that counts as a 'new' item, so to speak! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!