All that to say I'm going to get back on the wagon.
Here's where I think I fell off:
- got lazy with meal planning (made the plan, but then didn't stick to it at all - not even a little)
- confusion about grocery overspending on great deals - should I be stocking or
- disorganization in the house translates to disorganization everywhere. ... or was it the money disorganization that came first? Hmm.
- mixed money that should have been kept separate, and afterward I couldn't tell which money went where. I lost where I was.
here's how I hope to climb back on:
- Remember the goals and the reason for them.
- goals = to spend less, save more, and eventually be debt free and give half income away)
- reason = to share with others what God has given us. (1 Timothy 6:18, Hebrews 13:16)
Okay. This is it. I'm going to do it. I think I'll write those goals down and tape them to my wall somewhere. Hopefully it motivates me to continue when the drudgery sets in. ... It does you know. Setting goals is fun (for me), and achieving those initial results are great, but then comes the 'just keep doing it' part and that seems to be where I fall off easiest. I'll try again to 'just keep doing it'.
Okay. Here we go ...