Friday, June 11, 2010

Shopping 50% Off Bins

These are the beautiful pink 50% off stickers that seem to be more prevalent in Superstore these days. Aren't they gorgeous?

Their 50% off bins on last week's shopping trip included....

NN Iced Tea
Nestle Chocolate Chips
NN Glace Fruit Mix (for fruit cake)
Coffee filters (not pictured) - found them a week ago.  ... why they'd mark down coffee filters I don't know. It's not as though they'll expire ...

The Yogurt didn't have a pretty pink sticker, but it was only $1 each. One dollar?!? yes please ... I'll take 3!

Is this a new thing Superstore and Extra Foods are doing across Canada? Here in Steinbach, they sure are putting out alot of stickers lately ...

But, I'm a bit cautious with Extra Foods - they're tricky with discount produce. I bought a bag of apples at "50% off". Yes, it was half the cost of a regular bag of apples, but it was half of an inflated cost, and I only got half a bag anyway! ... even with the sticker, I totally over paid for those sad, bruised apples.  ... just saying. I'm a bit more careful now :)

All that to say there are some excellent deals in those discount bins. Don't be ashamed to shop in them :)
Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

  1. I love the discount bins. What I REALLY love is when they mark down toys and games that have been in their stock for too long... got a number of things for 25% or 50% off (most of those things are 25%, but still, $5 is $5). Saving money is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!