Monday, April 11, 2011

How to Make ... Uh ... a Basket? ... Or Not.


Romanced by the idea of creating something from the natural resources of my own country yard, I set out to discover how to make a willow basket. While the project looks much like the YouTube instructor says it should, I became concerned...

                                            
After cutting shoots and peeling bark (sounds easy), my fingers ached. I wondered if my hands would function enough to play piano or prepare supper later. And I just couldn't ignore the fact that a professionally woven basket is 50 cents at the local thrift store. 

Barely a quarter done, I had an epiphany: I can't do everything.  My son wandered up and giggled at my creation, awing at the monkey cage I'd made. 




You bet it is. Here you go son, here's your monkey cage. (or skunk cage...) Enjoy. 

Moral of this story: I can't do everything, and that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!