Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cleaning Zone - Tuesdays

Okay .. I  know it's Wednesday, but I really wanted to tell you about the buns I baked on Tuesday, so that won :)  


As I clean my house zone by zone each day (in theory), it becomes more organized and clean (in theory). Isn't it great? (in theory) 




Tuesday = Pantry and Entrance 




  • Pantry:
    • sweep
    • take stock out for kitchen
    • organize shelves
  • Entrance & Breezeway
    • sweep & vacuum
    • sort shoes & jackets
    • clean shoe shelf
    • dust walls
    • wipe doors & door knobs
    • wash windows in & out
Keep in mind .. this is my 'dream list' of what I'd like to get done in each room if time and motivation were not a factor. But, since they are, I have yet to dust walls, wipe doors and knobs, or wash the windows. But hey - at least it's swept and the shoes are in neat rows. Way better than it was! ... and you remember my pantry, right?


As I  mentioned on the Monday post, I get to whatever I can in about 2 interrupted hours, (or less depending on motivation) and leave the rest. That's it for house cleaning on Tuesdays. The normal list (below) doesn't include cleaning - just daily operations stuff:
  • make lunch & supper
  • dishes
  • laundry
  • bathe children
  • tidy all rooms
  • return phone calls
  • emtpy garbages as needed

How do you systemize your house maintenance? Do you find (like me) that a system is necessary, but finding the right one for you can mean trying about a hundred (and then several times each), to find something that works for  you? 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!